March Break Camp at Wentworth
Wentworth Sports Camp is the perfect way to stay active, and have fun during spring break. Every day we have a different mix of games from long time classics like soccer and baseball to exciting new game you might never have tried, like lacrosse and javelin throw! After a high intensity morning, we settle down into more lower intensity challenges and team building games!
Wentworth Sports Camp is all about trying new games and improving on old favorites in a safe, supportive environment. We introduce the basic skills and rules of new games, and our staff coaches make sure no camper is left out. The sports we play include:
athletics - baseball - bouncers - dodge ball - field games - floorball - football - footy - frisbee - handball - hockey - lacrosse - parachutes - rugby - soccer - track & field
- Boys and girls ages 4yrs-11yrs
- Two Locations: Soccer World and Wentworth Sports Complex
- Sport Camp runs from 9am-3:45pm
- Drop-off (8:30-9am) & pick-up (3:45-4pm)
- Bring a lunch, snacks and a refillable water bottle
- Extended care (8am-6pm) available
March Break Camp Coaches
- Are hired for their energy and enthusiasm, not to mention their love of sports.
- Pass "Vulnerable Sector" Police Check & Soccer World screening
- Complete in house training regiment involving our teaching model, policies, and first aid training.
- Are often students, either from Macmaster, Mohawk, or local high schools.
Wentworth Sports Complex is located at 1249 Wilson St. East and is the newest addition to the HamOnt Sports family. Wentworth is a multi-sport facility located on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment on the border of Ancaster, Dundas and Hamilton. The facility was originally built as a curling club in 1958 with additions in the 1960's and 1970's adding two skating rinks. In 2012 the original ice surface was converted into two indoor turf fields. Today the 100,000sq ft facility includes a bar & restaurant, two turf fields, two rink and a popular outdoor Nature Camp. The Facility is the home of many programs for both adults and youth including hockey, skating, soccer, baseball and camps!
The HamOnt Sports family understand how important location can be to keep family close and make balancing work and child care easier. This is why we offer multiple locations to help make finding a camp for the March break easy and accessible.